I'm blessed with a wonderful career and family. My work allows me to not only travel the country and world, I have enough time for a solid work/life balance that enables me to spend time with my family as a whole and each one iindividually. Whether we are going to concernts, music festivals, hockey games, the renaissance festival or traveling to far off lands, we get to experience wonderful events and locations. Between my speaking, authoring and fulfilling my daily duties as a cyber security consultant at IBM, I make sure to live life and enjoy all I can.
Photo: Summer 2019 outside ruins in Scotland with my oldest daughter. This was a college graduation gift.
Major Professional Achievements
- Published 8 articles on Blockchain and Cyber Security
- Created Cyber Security Grey Beard Podcast
- Spent 3 weeks onsite in China assisting client in creating full managed security services program where I authored:
- Services Catalog
- Service Description
- Staffing Model
- SLA Program
- Presented at 5 Conferences in 2019
- Lead Consultant on numerous projects involving muli-million dollar revenue opportunities
- Primary desinger for key cyber security maturity workshop predicated upon an idea I created
- Sucessfully completed critera and received 26 badges since joining IBM
- Won 2015 Sales Excellence award as outstanding Sales Engineer
- Sales Engineer for largest financial services contact center integration in North Americain Vidyo history.
- Designed and sold complex, highly secure vido solution covering two data centers and dozens of devices.
- Directly managed and supported over 50 partners and customers.
- Designed, sold, and worked to implement service providers to VidyoCloud, I was the first to do this.
- Sold first multi-year VidyoCloud deal, sold first CSP migration, sold first Canadian VidyoCloud deal.
- Worked with multi-billion dollar partner to embed Vidyo into their unified communications platform
- Deeply engaged with channel partners to train and travel with them to present and sell Vidyo.
- Maintained 100% uptime for WAN, LAN, and all systems during my entire tenure at X-IO Technology.
- Part of company leadership, presented to executive team and attended board of directors dinner function.
- Lead the charge to resolve major cooling defect that had massive negative impact on $25M Qualification Laboratory.
- Re-engaged numerous vendor partnerships to rekindle relationships and improve operations with both IT and Facilities.
- Identified and resolved major networking issues including WAN over payment and failure to have core device covered under TAC.
- Improved corporate relationship wtih IT through improved partnerships, engagement and communication.
- 2011 Significant Achievement Award
- 2012 Significant Achievement Award
- Created net new managed services business responsible for $15M organic revenue over 8 1/2 Years.
- Designed and implemented major data consolidation project for LA County DHS (6 facilities down to 2)
- Integral part of major Data Center Consolidation at New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (8 facilities to 2 data centers)
- Managed 22 employees over 8 1/2 years with zero regrettable turnover
- Fill role as corporate security (HIPAA) officer
- Manage and oversee 4 vendors with annual revenue >$5M
- Built Network Operations Center from scratch to monitor over 40 sites and 2000 devices
- Off-shored Network Operations Center and build a System and Network Management Center in Asia
- North American Lead for Agilent Global Network Operations performance management and capacity planning
- Lead security operations team to include remote access and logging mechanisms
- Managed and mentored 15 contractors to oversee Agilent Americas network
- Manage NOC Vendor including 9 contractors and $3M agreement
- Designed and build first Extranet for US Air Force
- Designed and built network operations center to oversee all of Edwards AFB disparate networks
- Designed and built network for El Toro Marine Base when they relocated to Edwards AFB in 2000
- Received recognition award from Tybrin Director over SE/TA contract with Edwards AFB
- Received letter of commendation from commanding officer for outstanding work on relocation
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
X-IO Technology Job Duties:
- Oversee full time staff as well as vendor partners that cover SQL, Salesforce.com, Great Plains and numerous facilities functions.
- Design, manage, maintain and deliver IT metrics reporting, highlighting performance, reliability, and stability.
- Work with internal sales and service departments, and vendor partner to finalizae and prepare go live for key customer facing portal.
- Engage with VARs, System Integrators, X-IO Channel Sales, and sales engineers and architects to identify new business opportunities and aggressively pursue green fields for revenue generation.
- Develop work flow and project manage detailed data quality project in partnership with sales, finance, and service organizations.
- Train with sales engineers, architects, and senior developers to understand complex end-user computing solutions with VMWare and Citrix and how X-IO Technology can fit in and sell wtih these solutions.
QuadraMed Job Duties:
- Manage team of 15 engineers and project managers
- New business development of services which lead to $15M in organic growth over 8 1/2 years
- Sales Engineer to sell managed services to client base in U.S., U.K., Canada, and Saudi Arabia closing business over $35M
- Interoperate with mangers in numerous departments including client support, development, sales, marketing, product management, finance, legal, and contracts
- Oversee implementations tied to service deliver regarding hardware, operating systems, remote access, remote hosting, and remote system administration
- Develop onsite and remote data center solutions for client base including complete data center consolidation projects for N.Y.C. and L.A. County
- Market and sell disaster recovery, business continuity, and high availability solutions to customers
- Assist in contract creation, review and approval
- Vendor management, overseeing relationships from inception through day to day operations involving over $5M per year in 3rd party business
HP/Agilent Job Duties:
- Develop, build, configure, and open new System and Network Management Center in Kuala Lumpur after HP offshored the network operations center I built in North America.
- Oversee offshore SNMC based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with 12 engineers working 24x7x365
- Fulfill role as North American Engineer responsible for capacity planning and performance management. I worked side by side with peers in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific for a Global view of the Agilent Technologies network.
- Designed and built networks for remote offices.
- Oversaw network operations monitoring team utilizing Pegasus and HP OpenView.
- Responsible for remote access tools including TACACS for logging and auditing all remote connectivity for Agilent Technologies business partners.
- Supported LAN/WAN infrastructure for Agilent Technologies corporate network, data centers, and remote offices.
Tybrin Job Duties
- Network design and implementation for Edwards AFB Communications Squadron.
- Configured and built new network for El Toro Marine Base and they moved to a Hangar at Edwards AFB. Complete redesign, relocation, and recreation of their entire network infrastructure.
- Design and build Extranet (Secure DMZ)
- Review security status and suggest changes
- Designed and built network operations center for Edwards AFB
- Mentor and train co-workers on Microsoft systems and security measures and policies.