ERIC JEFFERY- Cyber Security Expert, Author, Presenter, Podcaster, Patent Holder
Mobile: (719) 641-8114
Click Here to view and download my up to date Resume (CV)
Visit My Cyber Security Grey Beard® Podcast. I've published over 50 episodes on topics designed to help students and early professionals learn, grow, and advance in cyber security
CYBER SECURITY SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT AND EVANGELIST
Energetic, Passionate, and Results-Driven technical and business professional with proven history of success transforming business strategy into impactful technical solutions that streamline operations and improve quality. Adept at balancing resources and forging cross-disciplinary relationships aligning business and technology objectives. Skillfully leverage technological assets to expand corporate and market value while controlling cost. Hands-on management experience in dynamic environments complemented by extensive business and technical expertise.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Network Design – Government Networks & Systems – Big Data – Cisco– TCP/IP – IPS/IDS– NOC/SOC – Threat Intelligence – Server Virtualization – SIEM Blockchain – Cloud Security – Routing – Firewalls – LAN/WAN–Data Centers– Endpoints – VMWare – Threat Hunting – Cross-Functional Leadership – Healthcare Financial Services – Network Security – C-Suite – Business Development Revenue Growth – SAN – Linux/Unix – Cloud Operations – SAN– SaaS – Technology Integration – AWS – Architecture
AlgoSec - Remote (Elizabeth, CO) January 2022-Present
Perform pre-sales, implementation, and post sales technical duties around the AlgoSec security suite of products.
Regional Solutions Engineer
Engage with fortune 500 firms identifying needs and opportunities which enhance security maturity through application centric firewall enhancements
Assisted ~$70B telecommunications firmwith substantial technical requirements around complex firewall deployment
Parnter with and train 3rd party resellersand assist in closing opportunities
Mentor, train, and guidenewer solutions engineers
IBM - Remote (Elizabeth, CO) April 2018-January 2022
Work in IBM Security as a senior resource engaging as necessary in numerous areas. Due to my vast array of expertise and experiences I work with both strategic engagements involving direct consulting, and tactical deployment hands on with numerous technologies. I cross functions and assist management with varying and abnormal requests due to my extensive background. My ability to get “down and dirty” with technology and at the same time discuss mid and high-level business challenges with C-Level executives makes me a unique and varied asset inside IBM Security.
Senior Managing Consultant & Solutions Architect – SIOC Practice, IBM Security
Primary and lead architect on $60M, 6-year, cyber security engagement to build a holistic security program for an $8B automotive firm which included ZScaler, IAM, EDR, SOC, GRC, and numerous other security platforms.
Primary architect and implementation consultant for $5M SIEM design and deployment at health system in NY
Lead consultant on major vulnerability management project for >$5B firm involving over 6,000 devices
Pre-sales consultant closing over $70M in business involving media, financial services, and health care organizations
Created X-Force Threat Management Workshop as a business development project to increase revenue and further the practices vision on cyber security defense maturity and enhancement
Solutions Architect responsible for scoping, scaling, and pricing for SOC and managed security services solutions
Provided revenue generating staff augmentation services directly to clients in media, banking, and Government in three different engagements covering 2 months (St. Paul, MN), 3 weeks (Shanghai, China) and 4 months (NYC)
Participated in creation and delivery for numerous RFP responses to elicit new business and aid client satisfaction
Vidyo – Colorado Springs, CO October 2014 to February 2014
Vidyo is changing the way people connect. Vidyo has moved the business model for video conferencing beyond expensive legacy hardware and dedicated networks to provide a powerful, flexible, and scalable software-based solution that is also affordable..
National sales engineer focusing on finanical industry and conference service providers. My role involves system engineering, architecture and sales responsibilities. This cross-functional role includes engaging support, development, sales, and operations to ensure organic sales growth and outstanding customer service.
• Design and implement proof of concept architectures for major organizations in North America.
• Engage and respond to RFP/RFI/RFQ documents.
• Partner with sales team to foster and grow customer relationships.
X-IO Technology – Colorado Springs, CO April, 2014 to September, 2014
X-IO Technologies is a recognized innovator in the storage industry. The X-IO Intelligent Storage Element (ISE) systems are based on two decades of invention and investment by veteran storage industry experts, and deliver unmatched price/performance, reliability and scale for enterprise and cloud applications and infrastructure.
DIRECTOR OF IT & FACILITIES
Dynamic position involving standard IT Leadership combined with sales and marketing integration. Manage entire IT and Facilities team ensuring availability and performance of standard IT products and services as well as work with sales engineers and leadership to grow the business. Responsible for facilities making sure $25M qualification laboratory has necessary power, cooling, fire suppression, etc. Identify new technologies to increase efficiencies and productivity of entire organization.
• Manage 15+ vendors involving >$3M in contracts including software contractors, distributors, and building and security management.
• Engage with VARs, System Integrators, X-IO Channel Sales, sales engineers and architects to identify new business opportunities and aggressively pursue green fields for revenue generation.
• Maintained 100% uptime for WAN, internal network and all systems during entire tenure at X-IO.
• Lead the charge to resolve multiyear cooling defect inside critical $25M qualification laboratory.
• Work with internal sales and service departments, vendor partner and critical customer, to finalize and prepare to go live with client facing Salesforce.com portal.
QUADRAMED – Reston, Virginia/Monument, CO June, 2005 to February, 2014
QuadraMed is a leading provider of award-winning healthcare software and services for clients at more than 2,000 healthcare provider facilities.
SR. MANAGER, SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
Multifaceted and cross-functional role directing, developing, and executing complex technology strategies that drive revenue, boost efficiency, and enhance quality throughout the healthcare industry. Liaise between numerous departments, as well as interrelate with internal and external C-level executives to strategically align technology and business objectives. Resolve critical customer-facing escalations pertaining to hardware, operating systems, and databases throughout entire company. Negotiate and manage payment terms and technical specifications for state-of-the-art projects on a global scale. Promote business development in collaboration with sales team. Attain maximum ROI through tactical management of $1.8M+ annual budget.
• Managed team of 20 engineers and project managers over 8 ½ years with zero regrettable turnover.
• Coordinated and lead communications for process improvement between numerous teams including client support, development, product management, and project management.
• Increased operational efficiency through development of system management solution for hospitals in United States and Canada.
• Maximized resource utilization for healthcare organizations through creation and establishment of service that enables remote monitoring, management, and maintenance of environment.
• Champion service outsourcing for hospitals to inspire heightened focus on quality healthcare.
HP/AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES - Colorado Springs, Colorado/Fairfax, Virginia August, 2000 to June, 2005
Agilent Technologies designs and manufactures electronic and bio-analytical measurement instruments and equipment for measurement and evaluation. Many of Agilent's predecessor product lines were developed by Hewlett-Packard.
NETWORK OPERATIONS VENDOR MANAGER
NETWORK MONITORING TEAM LEAD
Inaugurated and managed $3.2M+ Network Operations Center contract with external agency encompassing more than 2,000 devices. Commanded daily operations of 13 member staff to organize and isolate WAN/LAN outages for 140+ unique sites. Executed performance management and capacity planning for one-third of global network. Traveled to Malaysia and Singapore to restructure Network Operations Center and administer operational training to 30+ employees, and consequently served as initial escalation point for Malaysian location.
• Acted as global network escalations contact affecting mutli-million dollar business.
• Created Layer 3 HP OV solution during largest network split in company history by pulling 40K+ nodes out of 180K+ node network.
• Implemented proactive Syslog analysis enabling errors to be identified before users could see them.
• Spearheaded $3.6M contract and outsource agency for 24/7 NOC; managed complete setup and maintenance.
TYBRIN CORPORATION - Edwards Air Force Base, California February, 1999 to June, 2000
TYBRIN Corporation is a premier provider of process-based systems and software engineering products and services focusing on Government and Department of Defense entities.
NETWORK SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Spearheaded engineering operations for enterprise-wide remote access server and led base-wide utilization of VPN for remote access and site-to-site usage. Skillfully developed Network Operations Center requirements, consolidating multiple network management solutions across 12+ networks. Collaborated to integrate AF Rocket Labs network with Edwards Air Force Base WAN through Cisco 7507 Router. Utilized new and emerging technologies to establish VPN connection between Bell Helicopter and Air Force Base. Crafted technical LAN designs and documentation, Extranet solutions, and remote access implementations.
• Attained Letter of Appreciation from Commanding Officer, Marine Aircraft Group for successful migration of El Toro Marine Station to Edwards Air Force Base.
• Recognized by upper-level management for exceptional performance on Edwards SE/TA contract.
• Designed and implemented first secure Extranet for Air Force.
• Masterminded establishment of Network Operations Center utilizing broad range of technologies.
• Ensured contract longevity and client satisfaction by leading Firewall, VPN, and Proxy research for SE/TA contract with Edwards Air Force Base.
LOCKHEED MARTIN SKUNK WORKS, EIS - Palmdale, California February, 1998 to February, 1999
Lockheed Martin Skunk Works, also known as Advanced Development Programs, is responsible for numerous famous aircraft designs utilized across the globe.
• Directed team to provide help desk and end-user support for 5,500+ user network.
• Administered anti-virus security technology for entire domain.
• Utilized server and user manager to effectively maintain network resources.
• Developed streamlined inventory management system utilized across entire corporation.
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
B.A. Economics – University of Colorado at Boulder
IBM Certified Architect
The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) Certified Master Architect
AWS Cloud Practitioner
- ADDITIONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Secret Security Clearance – Inactive
- Received 7 Professional Awards including Sales Excellence and Distinguished Speaker
- Published over 30 Articles via 9 different venues including CISO Magazine and Info Security
- Presented at 21 Conferences in the US and Canada from 2005-2020
- Acquired 61 IBM “Badges”
- Filed 4 Patents through IBM with the US Patent and Trade Office
- Operate and Maintain Cyber Security Grey Beard® Podcast designed specifically for students and early professionals growing, learning and advancing in the Cyber Security profession
- Acquired Registered Trademark for Cyber Security Grey Beard
- Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member of Internet Technical Committee
- Member of Technical Committee on Computer Communications